Wiki | Community | Discussion Forum | Q&A

General doubts about how to solve the exercise

Hi all,

Ive been trying to figure out how to do the exercise and the next questions have come to my mind:

• First, are we supposed to complete the exercise doing all the tasks? For example, reprojection of a point on image 1 and projection of the line on image 2 to create the epipolar by “hand” (by this I mean, using algebra). The only way I could think of this was to use symbolic calculus.
  • Related to the previous question, can we just use some of the opencv methods to compute the epipolars and some of the other methods from opencv. This methods are like short cuts so maybe is not allowed.
  • Related with the symbolic calculus I would like to install sympy lib with pip install, how to install using pip in the notebook? Ive succesfully installed the lib with:
    !pip install --user sympy
    But I received this message:

The script isympy is installed in ‘/home/jderobot/.local/bin’ which is not on PATH.
Consider adding this directory to PATH or, if you prefer to suppress this warning, use --no-warn-script-location.

So then when trying to import python cant finde sympy.

Maybe theres another way to get epipolar lines but I cant think of other way than using symbolic calculus.

Thanks