Wiki | Community | Discussion Forum | Q&A

Drone cat mouse challenge

Hi!. This thread will cover topics related to the practice of ‘drone cat mouse’. :smiley:

Printing intermediate Steps.
How to print intermediate steps in IPythonNotebook. Currently, the execute function just prints “Code Updated” in IpythonNotebook.
In the case when Image is fetched, How to display the received image with the processed binary image side by side.

Hi pushkalkatara, sadly that feature isn’t include yet. We are working on some improvements like the one you are in need of right now. You can show one image of another but not both at the same time… at the moment. If you need to test it with real-time images side by side I recommend you to train your drone on a local environment of JdeRobot.

Let us know if you have any trouble.

Hi @fqez ,
I was actually trying to run drone cat and mouse exercise locally using the instructions mentioned in the GitHub Repository.
Firstly, I was getting an error saying

Unable to immediately register with master node [http://localhost:11311]: master may not be running yet. Will keep trying.

Therefore, I ran roscore in another terminal, but now I am getting another error saying

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./cat.py”, line 39, in
algorithm=MyAlgorithm(drone)
File “/home/robo/Academy/exercises/drone_cat_mouse/cat_py/MyAlgorithm.py”, line 18, in init
self.drone.takeoff()
File “/home/robo/Academy/exercises/drone_cat_mouse/cat_py/drone/init.py”, line 20, in takeoff
self.__extra.arming()
File “/home/robo/Academy/exercises/drone_cat_mouse/cat_py/drone/extra.py”, line 34, in arming
self.arming_client.call(value=True)
File “/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rospy/impl/tcpros_service.py”, line 495, in call
service_uri = self._get_service_uri(request)
File “/opt/ros/kinetic/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rospy/impl/tcpros_service.py”, line 463, in _get_service_uri
raise ServiceException(“service [%s] unavailable”%self.resolved_name)
rospy.service.ServiceException: service [/mavros/cmd/arming] unavailable

And I couldn’t fix this.
Can anyone help me here ?

Thanks